Friday 1 December 2023

Winter

 

Snow can wait, I forgot my mittensWipe my nose, get my new boots onI get a little warm in my heart when I think of winterI put my hand in my father's glove
I run off where the drifts get deeperSleeping Beauty trips me with a frownI hear a voice, "You must learn to stand upFor yourself 'cause I can't always be around"

Boys get discovered as winter meltsFlowers competing for the sunYears go by and I'm here still waitingWithering where some snowman was
Mirror, mirror, where's the crystal palace?But I only can see myselfSkating around the truth who I amBut I know, Dad, the ice is getting thin

Hair is grey and the fires are burningSo many dreams on the shelfYou say I wanted you to be proudI always wanted that myself

When you gonna make up your mind?When you gonna love you as much as I do?When you gonna make up your mind?'Cause things are gonna change so fastAll the white horses have gone aheadI tell you that I'll always want you nearYou say that things change, my dear
Never change
All the white horses aah-aahMmm-mmm