Wednesday 13 December 2023

Phantom of the Opera

 





Oh, oh, yeah

I've been lookin' so long for you nowYou won't get away from my graspYou've been living so long in hiding, in hidingBehind that false maskAnd you know that I know thatYou ain't got long now to lastYour looks and your feelingsAre just the remains of your past
You're standing in the wingsThere you wait, for the curtain to fallBut knowing the terror and holdingYou have on us allYeah, I know that you're gonnaScratch me and maim me and maulAnd you know I'm helpless fromYour mesmerizing catcall
Ooh
Keep your distance, walk awayDon't take his baitDon't you stray, don't fade awayWatch your step, he's out to get youCome what mayDon't you stray, from the narrow way
I'm running and hidingIn my dreams, you're always thereYou're the phantom of the operaYou're the devil, you're just out to scareYou damaged my mind and my soulIt just floats through the airYou haunt me, you taunt meYou torture me back at your lair