Monday 11 December 2023

The Clairvoyant

 







The song starts in the first person, from the main character's point of view. 

Later, when he is dead it is in the third person. 

According to Steve Harris, the song was inspired by the death of psychic Doris Stokes,
 and his wondering that if she were truly able to see the future, would not she had foreseen her own death?





Feel the sweat break on my browIs it me or is it shadows that areDancing on the wallsIs this a dream or is it now?Is this a vision or normality I see before my eyes
I wonder why, I wonder howThat it seems the powers getting stronger every dayI feel a strength an inner fireBut I'm scared I won't be able to control it anymore

Just by looking through your eyesHe could see the future penetrating rightIn through your mindSee the truth and see your liesBut for all his power couldn't foresee his own demise
There's a time to live and a time to dieWhen it's time to meet the makerThere's a time to live but isn't it strangeThat as soon as you're born you're dying
I fell reborn again