Thursday 15 February 2024

Prison Poetry

 

I go to the gym 

Not him

I go to the library 

Not he

Every day the same

Do you see

the irony?

They call that

Life 



Pretty girls

with chain and keys

What a tease 



SATURDAY 

No work today 

Some stay in their room and watch TV

or read books for pleasure

Some play pool or ping pong 

working hard at their leisure 

As for me

I write poetry 

standing on the landing

to see what I can see



The library was quiet today

apart from one noisy person

vying for attention 



Hell

is a single cell 

Light, water, bed, TV, kettle 

You have everything you need 


They say he killed a man

He says he didn't 

They say he raped and woman 

He says he didn't

Everyone is innocent here 


Day in 

Day out 

Every day the same

If you don't want to come back 

don't do it again