Friday 16 February 2024

Mirage

 

Love is alive or is it just a passing fantasy
Make me believe
That you will not deceive my eyes
Will it begin?

In an illusion where the truth gets thrown
Lesson to learn inside a desert heart tonight
Is this emotion in a lover's camouflage?

Or is it just a mirage
We move so close and yet so far away
Just a mirage...
The fascination of a flame

Don't give it away
If two can play
You know I'll find you there
Looking for you
I go where angels fear to tread

Mystery known it comes and goes
All through the heart of you
Telling me lies
I should have known that you would hide
Do you hide the fear inside a lover's camoflague?


Or is it just a mirage
In this romance is there a ghost of a chance
Just a mirage
And though I concentrate on you



The candle burns at both ends
And summer heat can make you restless as the wind
So wild and free but seasons change
Where will you be when summer ends