Wednesday 15 April 2009

Lily Allen

Lily's new song is Not Fair, the second release from her second album.

The song tells the story of an unsatisfying lover, a problem Lily is constantly afflicted with.

The bridge:

There's just one thing that's getting in the way
When we go up to bed you're just no good
Its such a shame
I look into your eyes I want to get to know you
And then you make this noise and its apparent it's all over


The chorus:

It's not fair
And I think you're really mean
I think you're really mean
I think you're really mean
Oh you're supposed to care
But you never make me scream



The second verse starts with this typically scathing lyric:

Oh I lie here in the wet patch
In the middle of the bed
I'm feeling pretty damn hard done by
I spent ages giving head



This is not the first time Lily has wrote a song for a less than adequate lover. her album Alright Still contains the song "Not Big", which has lyrics like this:

Alright, how would it make you feel if I said you never made me cum?
In the year and a half that we spent together,
Yeah, I never really had much fun.

Yeah, you really must think you're great,
Let's see how you feel in a couple of weeks,
When I work my way through your mates.

I'm gonna tell the world you're rubbish in bed now
And that you're small in the game.

Yeah, let's rewind, let's turn back time to when you couldn't get it up,
You know what it should've ended there,
That's when I should've shown you the door.
As if that weren't enough to deal with,
You became premature.

You're not big, you're not clever,
No, you ain't a big brother
Not big what so ever.