Monday 4 March 2024

LDN

 

Riding through the city on my bike all day'Cause the filth took away my licenseIt doesn't get me down and I feel okay'Cause the sights that I'm seeing are pricelessEverything seems to look as it shouldBut I wonder what goes on behind doorsA fella looking dapper, and he's sitting with a slapperThen I see it's a pimp and his crack whore

There was a little old lady who was walking down the roadShe was struggling with bags from TescoThere were people from the city having lunch in the parkI believe that it's called al frescoWhen a kid came along to offer a handBut before she had time to accept itHits her over the head, doesn't care if she's dead'Cause he's got all her jewelry and wallet

Sun is in the sky, oh why, oh whyWould I wanna be anywhere else?When you look with your eyesEverything seems niceBut if you look twiceYou can see it's all lies

Life, yeah, that's city life (Angel, Dalston, Stockwell)Yeah, that's city life (Clapton, Soho, Ladbroke Grove)Yeah, that's city lifeLife, yeah, that's city life (Camden, Brixton, Putney)Yeah, that's city life (Tottenham, Chiswick, Old Kent Road)Yeah, that's city life