Sunday 30 April 2023

I Don't Like Mondays Song by The Boomtown Rats

 

The silicon chip inside her headGets switched to overloadAnd nobody's gonna go to school todayShe's gonna make them stay at homeAnd daddy doesn't understand itHe always said she was good as goldAnd he can see no reasons'Cause there are no reasonsWhat reason do you need to be shown?
I don't like Mondays(Tell me why)I don't like Mondays(Tell me why)I don't like MondaysI wanna shoot the whole day down
The Telex machine is kept so cleanAnd it types to a waiting worldHer mother feels so shocked, father's world is rockedAnd their thoughts turn to their own little girlSweet sixteen, ain't that peachy keenNow it ain't so neat to admit defeatThey can see no reasons'Cause there are no reasonsWhat reasons do you need, oh oh oh oh?
I don't like Mondays(Tell me why)I don't like Mondays(Tell me why)I don't like MondaysI wanna shoot the whole day downDown, down, shoot it all down
And all the playing's stopped in the playground nowShe wants to play with the toys a whileAnd school's out early and soon we be learningAnd the lesson today is how to dieAnd then the bullhorn crackles and the captain tacklesWith the problems and the hows and whysAnd he can see no reasons'Cause there are no reasonsWhat reason do you need to die, die, oh oh oh?
The silicon chip inside her headGets switched to overloadAnd nobody's gonna go to school todayShe's gonna make them stay at homeAnd daddy doesn't understand itHe always said she was good as goldAnd he can see no reasons'Cause there are no reasonsWhat reason do you need to be shown?
I don't like Mondays(Tell me why)I don't like Mondays(Tell me why)I don't likeI don't like(Tell me why)I don't like Mondays(Tell me why)I don't likeI don't like(Tell me why)I don't like Mondays(Tell me why)I don't like MondaysI wanna shoot the whole day down