Thursday 9 March 2023

Something for the Pain by Bon Jovi

 

Happiness, it's been no friend to meBut forever after ain't what it's all cracked up to beYeah, I had a taste, you were my fantasyBut I almost lost my faith when I hit realityI don't need no Guru to tell me what to doWhen your feeling like a headline on yesterday's news

Loneliness has found a home in me
My suitcase and guitar are my only familyI've tried to need someone, like they needed meI opened up my heart, but all I did was bleedI don't need no lover, just to get screwed, They don't make no band-aide that's gonna to cover my bruise

Pull me under (Help I'm falling)Run through my veins (Night is calling)To a place (Feels like I'm flying)Where I feel no pain (Christ I'm dying)Be the pillow under my headCover me when I'm in your bedTake me higher than I've ever beenTake me down and back againCome to me, be my disguiseOpen your coat, let me crawl inside
Come on, come on, come onGive me something for the painGive me something for the bluesGive me something for the painWhen I feel I've been danglin' from a hang-man's nooseGive me shelter from the rainGive me something I can useTo get me through the nightMake me feel all rightSomething like you, come on, come on, come on