Wednesday 12 July 2023

Insomnia

 

I can't get no sleep
I need to sleep, I can't get no sleep
Deep in the bosom of the gentle nightIs when I search for the lightPick up my pen and start to writeI struggle and fight dark forces in the clear moonlightWithout fearInsomnia
I can't get no sleep
I used to worry, thought I was going mad in a hurryGettin' stressed, makin' excess mess in darknessNo electricity, something's all over me, greasyInsomnia, please release me and let me dreamOf makin' mad love to my girl on the heathTearin' off tights with my teeth
But there's no release, no peaceI toss and turn without ceaseLike a curse, open my eyes, rise like yeast.At least a couple of weeksSince I last slept, kept takin' sleepersBut now I keep myself pepDeeper still, the nightI write by candlelight, I find insightFundamental movement
So when it's blackThis insomnia takin'-original-tack(?)Keep the beast in my natureUnder ceaseless attack... I gets no sleep
I can't get no sleep